After having spent one very short week in Amsterdam I am convinced that I was born in the wrong place. Somehow I was switched at birth and the stork that was supposed to carry me to the Netherlands accidentally dropped me off in New Mexico. I have already begun planning my trip back to Holland in the spring, I’ve made a checklist of all the things that I must do the second time around. I will also include some of the things i’ve already done so if you ever find yourself in The Netherlands you will have no shortage of things to do.
- Spend one WHOLE day at the Rijksmuseum (Not half a day this massive museum takes a minimum of five hours and it closes at 5:00pm)
- Go back to Van Gogh museum and check out new exhibits
- Rent a canal boat for the day
- Visit the Hague and go see the infamous ‘Girl With the Pearl Earring’
- Bring or rent a bike
- Go boutique shopping at 9 streets
- Take a tourist picture with the ‘I Amsterdam’ letters
- Buy a hat that says Amsterdam on it (the locals hate it)
- Go back to Leiden and explore that adorable city
- Eat all of the delicious gluten free food at every gluten free restaurant you can find
- Go to the beach!
There is so much more….. Which is why I am going back!